Monday 28 January 2013

Day 21: Inspired by a colour

Am back! I have been keeping up with the challenge but not posting, so today i will share with you what i had on my nails this past week. Lets get into it:

I picked the colour green as my inspiration to create an ombre effect that fades across my nails. 

For this i used 'Luron #113' which is a lime green nail polish. (Using a different camera - hence the difference in quality)




On my nails i have five different shades of green, four of which i created by mixing the green with black and  white accordingly. The colour on my middle finger is what my nail polish actually looks like. I love this manicure because it looks like some sort of transition from a milky-creamy green (which is what the colour on my thumb nail looks like) to the deep jungle green colour on my pinky finger. I had not applied a top coat here.

TIP: If you decided to do this mani, i suggest picking a light colour, that way it will still be visible after mixing it with black. If you go with a darker colour, there is a chance you'll end up with the colour black on one or two nails.


No comments:

Post a Comment